It happens like clockwork, as soon as the public school system lets out people begin to ask us what are plans are for the summer. The moment I say that our schedule isn’t changing everyone looks at me like I have developed a third eyeball or something.
That’s right folks we are year-round homeschooling family and we love it!!
Here Are 6 Reasons Why We Have Chosen to Year-Round Homeschool:
- Our routine stays on track: In our home, we have 3 people (myself and 2 students) who are ADHD. We also chose not to take medications for our ADHD because God made us hyper for a reason. So for us, routine and staying on schedule is a must. It allows us to function without as many hiccups.
- We cut down on the beginning of the year review time: Most people can spend the first month reteaching concepts that they have already taught at the end of the previous year due to the long summer break. In our home, we prefer to only learn something once.
- We like the ability to have a 4 day work week: Studies have shown that people who work only 4 days a week can actually be more productive than those who work 5. Who am I kidding we just like having the ability to have a lazy day on Fridays?
- It saves me from hearing “I’m bored”: Since our schedule never changes it pretty much stays hopping all year long.
- It allows us to take the time to explore each child’s personal interests: Over the summer months to keep things fresh and exciting we focus on items that we did the previous school year that we had trouble with and then we dig into unit studies. These unit studies are picked out by the children and help each child explore things that they are actually interested in. Making it a win for all of us.
- The school days are much more relaxed: 180 is what most states require a student to attend school and because a year contains 365 days it stands to reason we can have a more relaxed daily schedule and we can also take time off as needed.
So how about you? Do you use the traditional school calendar as your guide or are you also a year-round homeschooling family?
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,
Are you looking for a Christian Women accountability group that is filled with women who are trying to worship God with their lives? Are you looking for a place where you can do daily devotions with friends, housekeeping challenges and much more? Then by all means join Mandy from Worshipful Living and me on FB, in our Group called " Worshipful Homemaking". Here we will be sharing that and so much more as we work on building a community of Christian Women to walk with through day to day life....Even if we can't always leave home to do it.