Homemaking to the modern woman seems to be somewhat viewed as an overwhelming concept that can’t be achieved. When I first began my personal homemaking journey I actually began with the wrong view of what it was and constantly failed in most of my efforts. Not because I didn’t desire to have a clean and organized home but because I was viewing the whole concept all wrong. I like many others simply didn’t know what homemaking was and had a false sense of what it really entailed.
You see homemaking is just as much of a heart matter as it is keeping a clean home. In order to be a successful homemaker, we have to have our heart in the proper place. Otherwise, our efforts will fail every single time. Being intentional about our efforts has to first come from within and there is no quick fix. But don’t worry I do have some ideas to get you well on your way to awesomeness.
How to Develop a Homemaking Heart:
- Decide who you are trying to serve: Homemaking often fails because we are focused on pleasing the wrong people. Our focus should be on pleasing God and those in our home. Homemaking actually becomes easier when we remember that.
- Remember the main focus: Our main focus is to please God. Serve God with all our hearts in all our areas of life. This includes homemaking. Remembering this focus will help us to be so much more intentional in all our efforts. Focus less on the world and more on Him
- Dig into God’s Word: Now this doesn’t just mean to read. You need to dig into His word, studying and applying it into your day to day life. This helps mold your heart into a servant’s heart.
Implementing Homemaking changes:
- Talk to those in your home: Find out the things that they find important. Trust me you will be amazed.
- Start slow and focus on creating habits: Homemaking can be the easiest thing ever providing if we start slow introducing ourselves to new habits and letting them actually become a habit. Before you know it your home will seem like it is keeping itself clean because you will be doing it all out of habit.
- Create a vision and map out the steps: What does your family’s dream home include? Write it down and then map out the steps that need to be taken to achieve those goals.
Becoming intentional with our homemaking takes a lot of hard work. But, in the end, we owe it to ourselves, our children and to our husbands to do the best that we can.
Until Next Time Just Keep Soaring 4 Him,Are you looking for a Christian Women accountability group that is filled with women who are trying to worship God with their lives? Are you looking for a place where you can do daily devotions with friends, housekeeping challenges and much more? Then by all means join Mandy from Worshipful Living and me on FB, in our Group called " Worshipful Homemaking". Here we will be sharing that and so much more as we work on building a community of Christian Women to walk with through day to day life....Even if we can't always leave home to do it.